The Office of Planning and Property Management also oversees the BGS Space Standards. The space standards guide the effective planning and design of state office space and office portions of specialized facilities overseen and managed by BGS. Using the standards helps ensure the equitable, efficient, and effective management and us of state workspace. They also address the recent increase of hybrid-working and telework.
Where do they apply?
The space standards apply to the following types of projects:
- Capital Construction funded facilities projects with public facing and private facing workspace that require Architectural and Engineering design services.
- Interior renovations of public and or private facing workspaces involving moving and changing wall locations and other modifications, whether initiated and funded by agency or BGS space changes.
- Moves within a building or to another location involving Space Requests.
- New minor or major modular furniture reconfigurations whether or not involved in the above. They can be stand-alone changes not impacted by other renovations.
The space standards do not apply but are recommended to be followed by:
- Other branches of government that directly manage their own leased or owned facilities not overseen by BGS.