BGS Postal Center
1078 US Route 2
Middlesex, VT 05633-7601
Phone: (802) 828-2203
Fax: (802) 828-3713
Important Notice - Electronic Address Correction
Please note that any job you send to BGS for Print/Mail processing utilizing the BGS Permit #212 is eligible for free-to-you electronic address correction. A file will be sent to all participants on a weekly basis and will show your Customer Number, the job ID (or Print Shop Requisition number), the recipient’s name, their old address and their new address.
Please update your mailing lists when this information is provided to you.
What We Do
- Pickup and delivery of inter and intra- office mail
- Pickup and metering of outgoing mail
- Sort and delivery of incoming Federal mail
- Delivery of print jobs for the Print Shop
- Delivery and Pickup of records for the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration
- 100% same day automated processing of all 1st class letters weighing between .5 ounces and 3 ounces
- Automated mail processing
- Authorized UPS shipping agent / daily shipment of parcels
- Security x-ray screening of all incoming mail and parcels
Multi-line Optical Character Reader
The Postal Center (BGS Central Services Division) has invested in the MLOCRs FASTforward technology that manages the move update address changes automatically.
How it Works
Agency mail is read by the MLOCR (Multi-line Optical Character Reader), this software is linked to the USPS data base containing the latest change of address for recipients who have moved and filed the necessary change of address orders. The new address is sprayed on the First Class mail piece and the mail is sorted to the proper zip code for automated mail processing and postage discounts.
There must be a clear area on the envelope of 5/8" from the bottom edge of the mail piece or 4.75" from the right edge. Envelope design and format are critical - they must meet standards for both bar-coding and FASTforward processing. The Postal Center staff will meet with you to discuss any questions you have related to envelope design and format specifications.