The State of Vermont utilizes multi-option response strategies, including ALICE and Run-Hide-Fight. These strategies that provide employees with the knowledge and skills to ensure their survival and minimize the loss of life.
- ALICE Training www.alicetraining.com
- Department of Homeland Security Active Shooter Preparedness www.cisa.gov/active-shooter-preparedness
- Surviving an Active Shooter Event www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvkdGK2j2Bs
- Please Note: This video portrays graphic, sudden violence that the viewer may find disturbing or upsetting. It is not recommended that you watch this video as a stand-alone training, but view this in conjunction with the workforce safety training provided by the State Safety & Security Office.
If you do find this content upsetting, stop the recording. You may want to visit the Employee Assistance Program Website www.vtstate.investeap.org/ or call (888) 834-2830 (toll free).
You can also contact your local Vermont Community Mental Health program for support. www.mentalhealth.vermont.gov/services
- Additional resources for support and education on trauma can be found at The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Website www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline/disaster-typ .